Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hi-Tech from Silicone* Valley

I'm not much of a cook (that groan you hear is my family's stomachs...) but when I do attempt to put together a meal, I usually get half of it stuck to the pan. And even worse is the cleanup.

That's why these silicone pans have caught my attention. Our housewares merchant, Bob, came into advertising with them, and everyone was impressed with the bendy, twisty, rubbery pans. How could they possibly work?

Bob says they're the greatest invention since the thermos bottle (you know the old joke: "Keeps hot things hot and cold things cold... how do it know?") This technological marvel can be twisted and crushed, is microwave, oven, freezer and dishwasher safe, it's so non-stick that the food pops out, and it's FDA approved!

I haven't tried them yet (that means I'd have to cook something....)  but if you have, could you tell me how they worked out for you?

*Please don't write to tell me that it's Silicon Valley, not Silicone.... I was making a (very weak) joke....

No comments: